NOAC 2018 Is Right Around The Corner!
And We Want YOU To Be A Part Of The Fun!
The National Order of the Arrow Conference (NOAC) is quickly approaching, and the deadline to sign up is almost upon us! Here is a breakdown of the details: Who: Any Arrowman who wants to have a blast with fun activities ranging from American Indian events/competitions and powwows to mountain boarding and COPE. If you are a Scout who is an OA member, you shouldnʼt miss an opportunity to attend NOAC. What: NOAC is similar to the Boy Scout Jamboree for the OA- only it has far fewer attendees- which means you get to do more stuff!! And because we stay in the dorms of a college and eat in their dining halls, it means less work for you, more time to enjoy all the activities! When: Held in July of 2018 Where: Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana How Much? The national fee for for the 2015 NOAC was around $500, so we expect the 2018 fee to be similar. Our lodge will have an ʻextraʼ cost of around $50 to pay for shirts, caps, or backpacks (TBD), and we may have a bus fee ($200 or less) - depending upon how sales of our fund raising patches go. We are asking that you have a deposit of $50 in to Doug Chambers to reserve your spot for 2018 in the near future. Any bus fees and other costs will be due at a later time. If you send your money directly to the council office, then YOU ALSO NEED TO SEND DOUG CHAMBERS A COPY OF THE RECEIPT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU ARE PROPERLY CREDITED FOR YOUR PAYMENT.
The easiest option is to send all checks directly to Doug Chambers at the following address:
D. Chambers, PO Box 3001, Fort Mill, SC 29708
Opportunities For Service (And Fun) Are PlentyBelow are some GREAT service opportunities available to Arrowmen. Who knows, you might just have a little fun along the way!
- Visit the Project 2013 website for more information about this opportunity for service during the 2013 National Boy Scout Jamboree.
- The Order of the Arrow Trail Crew program is one of the best ways to experience Scouting's premier high adventure base, Philmont Scout Ranch. For two weeks, participants see and experience all that Philmont has to offer and much more.
- The Order of the Arrow Wilderness Voyage: Canadian Odyssey program is an experience like no other. For two weeks, you will join together with Arrowmen from around the country and experience the wild beauty of the Quetico Provincial Park of Ontario, Canada.
- The Order of the Arrow Wilderness Voyage program is an experience like no other. For two weeks, you will join together with Arrowmen from around the country and experience all that the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in northern Minnesota has to offer.
- In the Order of the Arrow Ocean Adventure program - in cooperation with the Florida Sea Base - you'll have an opportunity to provide cheerful service while experiencing the adventure and fun of one of the greatest ecosystems on our planet - the Florida Keys and the waters which surround them. This ten day program will provide an array of service opportunities that include work helping to develop the Florida Keys Heritage Trail, removing invasive species in and around the Sea Bases's Big Munson Island, and supporting both the Crane Point Nature Center and Marathon Wild Bird Center in preserving the Keys flora, fauna and wildlife. You will be camping at both Big Munson Island and Crane Point during the service portion of the program, after which you will move aboard a 40-50' sailing yacht for four days at sea. While afloat, you will experience the fun and excitement of life in the Keys from the unique perspective of a sailor as you sail, snorkel on pristine coral reefs, troll for sportfish, and swim in the warm waters of the Keys.