As amended January 7, 2007
The mission of this lodge is to achieve the purpose of the Order of the Arrow as an integral part of the Boy Scouts of America in the council through positive youth leadership under the guidance of selected capable adults.
- Name and affiliation of lodge:
The name shall be Skyuka Lodge #270 and shall be affiliated with Palmetto Council #549, Boy Scouts of America, and shall be under the supervision of the council camping committee and the administrative authority of the Scout executive.
The totem of this lodge shall be the double-headed thunderbird.
- The requirements for membership in this lodge are as stated in the current printing of the Order of the Arrow Handbook and the Order of the Arrow Guide for Officers and Advisors.
- The procedure for the Ordeal shall be as stated in the current printing of the Order of the Arrow Handbook and the Order of the Arrow Guide for Officers and Advisors.
- Completion of the Brotherhood shall be in accordance with the requirements in the current printing of the Order of the Arrow Handbook and the Order of the Arrow Guide for Officers and Advisors.
- Attainment of the Vigil honor shall be in accordance with the requirements in the current printing of the Order of the Arrow Handbook and the Order of the Arrow Guide for Officers and Advisors.
- The officers of this lodge shall be lodge chief, lodge vice chiefs, chapter chiefs, lodge secretary and lodge treasurer. None of the members of the elected body shall attain the age of 21 at any time in their term of service.
- The lodge executive committee shall be composed of the elected officers, the immediate past lodge chief, lodge advisor, a member of the council camping committee (excluding those already serving on the executive committee) chapter advisors, Scout executive, and the lodge staff advisor.
- Members of the executive committee exclusively shall vote in matters before the committee.
- Election of lodge officers and chapter chiefs shall occur annually.
- An elected lodge officer may not serve in the same lodge office for more than two consecutive terms.
- Officers may be impeached by a two-thirds vote of the executive committee and a two-thirds vote of those members present and voting at any lodge meeting. In case of impeachment or resignation, the lodge chief shall appoint, with approval of the lodge advisor, a replacement until the executive committee approves the candidate by a majority vote as a permanent replacement.
- All advisors shall act in an advisory capacity. It is the responsibility of all advisors to support the youth being advised.
- Meetings and Events:
- The lodge shall be convened for business at least twice a year.
- The lodge may hold a banquet each year.
- The executive committee may call special meetings of the lodge.
- The lodge’s executive committee shall conduct itself in accordance with Parliamentary Procedure.
- All Order of the Arrow funds shall be handled through the council service center and go through all normal and appropriate accounting procedures.
- Dues from individual members should be paid to Skyuka Lodge #270.
- The lodge executive committee shall determine the annual dues.
- The lodge shall set a budget that complies with National Policy.
Arrowmen under the age of 21 may vote in matters of lodge business.
- Lodge policies and procedures:
The lodge shall be operated in accordance with the lodge policies and procedures. The lodge policies and procedures may be amended by a two-thirds vote of the executive committee present.
- Amendments: These lodge rules may be amended at any meeting of the lodge, provided…
- That a thirty day notice has been given to the executive committee.
- The amendment(s) are read and approved by a two-thirds vote of the lodge members present and voting.
- Any changes in the Order of the Arrow Handbook or The Order of the Arrow Guide for Officers and Advisors supersede anything contradictory herein.